Update 18 September 2017: The A2 Projects with Databases & Python course (pink in the diary image below) is now full but we have spaces on the Object Oriented Programming course at QMUL (blue in the image below). If you’re attending the A2DB course you’ll be able to attend the OOP one as well.
We have two ‘Teach A Level Computer Science’ courses coming up later this year. Please bookmark this page as it will shortly be updated with details of the earlier course (to be held at Queen Mary University of London in October / Nov). The details of the later course (to be held at King’s College London Waterloo in Nov / Dec) are below. Both cost £100 and free places are available for CAS Master Teachers.
- Teach A-Level Computer Science: Object Oriented Programming
- Teach A-Level Computer Science: A2 Projects with Databases and Python
Please note that these courses are for in-service teachers who are already confident in teaching computing at GCSE level, Python will be the programming language used.
The course dates are arranged so that it will be possible for teachers to attend both courses.
1. Teach A-Level Computer Science: Object Oriented Programming
- Wed 4 October
- Wed 11 October
[Break – Wed 18 Oct]
- Wed 25 October
[Break – 1 Nov]
- Wed 8 Nov
- Wed 15 Nov
Location: Queen Mary University of London
Tutor: Dr William Marsh, CAS London
2. Teach A-Level Computer Science: A2 Projects with Databases and Python
- Week 1 (1 Nov 2017) – Single table databases and sqlite3
[Break – 8 Nov]
[Break – 15 Nov]
- Week 2 (22 Nov 2017) – Foreign keys and relationships
- Week 3 (29 Nov 2017) – Many-many relationships
- Week 4 (6 Dec 2017) – Developing a project for A-Level Part 1
- Week 5 (13 Dec 2017) – Developing a project for A-Level Part 2
Location: King’s College London, Waterloo
Tutor: Dr Sue Sentance, CAS London
For more information please contact Jo (email@example.com)