Too important to be left to men
Women have been at the forefront of computer science and electronic engineering from the outset. At the moment too many girls have been believing the stereotypes, which just leads to a self-fulfilling prophecy. Fortunately many ignore them and are continuing to be as successful as the women of history.
Here are links to our resources that celebrate some of the great women of the past and present, highlighting the work of top researchers over the decades and also profile some students who are set to continue the trend. Women may not always shout about their achievements, but boy do they do it well!
As leading computer scientist Karen Spärk-Jones said: “Computing’s too important to be left to men”.
CS4FN Slide Deck Women
- Female Computing Stars through the decades [pptx VERY LARGE]
- Female Computing Stars through the decades [pdf for easy printing]
CS4FN Magazines on Women
- A Gendered TimeLine of Computer Science Stars
- Also use the slide deck above as posters
- Posters celebrating diversity in computing
- Includes links to short summaries about the women in the posters and some classroom suggestions