You do a magic trick where you steal all the Aces from a volunteer without anyone noticing.
This trick illustrates that computing is about more than just understanding technology and that computational thinking is about more than just algorithms. They are about understanding people and solving problems for people too.
- human-computer interaction
- designing to prevent error
- computational thinking: understanding people
- Activity: The Four Aces [PDF]
- Slides: The Four Aces [PPT] (forthcoming)
- Magazine: cs4fn issue 17: Machines Making Medicine Safer [PDF]