Update 18 September 2017: The A2 Projects with Databases & Python course (pink in the diary image below) is now full but we have spaces on the Object Oriented Programming course at QMUL (blue in the image below). If you’re attending the A2DB course you’ll be able to attend the OOP one as well.
We have two ‘Teach A Level Computer Science’ courses coming up later this year. Please bookmark this page as it will shortly be updated with details of the earlier course (to be held at Queen Mary University of London in October / Nov). The details of the later course (to be held at King’s College London Waterloo in Nov / Dec) are below. Both cost £100 and free places are available for CAS Master Teachers.
- Teach A-Level Computer Science: Object Oriented Programming
- Teach A-Level Computer Science: A2 Projects with Databases and Python
Please note that these courses are for in-service teachers who are already confident in teaching computing at GCSE level, Python will be the programming language used.
The course dates are arranged so that it will be possible for teachers to attend both courses.
1. Teach A-Level Computer Science: Object Oriented Programming
Find out more and book a place
- Wed 4 October
- Wed 11 October
[Break – Wed 18 Oct]
- Wed 25 October
[Break – 1 Nov]
- Wed 8 Nov
- Wed 15 Nov
Location: Queen Mary University of London
Tutor: Dr William Marsh, CAS London
2. Teach A-Level Computer Science: A2 Projects with Databases and Python
Find out more | Apply for a place
- Week 1 (1 Nov 2017) – Single table databases and sqlite3
[Break – 8 Nov]
[Break – 15 Nov]
- Week 2 (22 Nov 2017) – Foreign keys and relationships
- Week 3 (29 Nov 2017) – Many-many relationships
- Week 4 (6 Dec 2017) – Developing a project for A-Level Part 1
- Week 5 (13 Dec 2017) – Developing a project for A-Level Part 2
Location: King’s College London, Waterloo
Tutor: Dr Sue Sentance, CAS London
For more information please contact Jo (email@example.com)
Short courses from CAS London
2017 course dates and prices are in brackets, similar prices and dates are envisaged for 2018.
- KS3 Teach KS3 Computing – January to March
(8 sessions, £160, 23 Jan to 20 Mar)
- MA module in Computing Education – January to March
(10 sessions, £1,150, 17 Jan to 28 Mar)
- KS4 Teach GCSE Computer Science – April to July
(10 sessions, £200, 24 Apr to 3 Jul)
- KS5 Teach A level Computer Science: Algorithms and Data Structures – March
(5 sessions, £100, 1 Mar to 29 Mar)
- KS5 Teach A level Computer Science: Object Oriented Programming in Python – June to July
(5 sessions, £100, 7 Jun to 5 Jul)
- Diving Deep into Primary Programming – Summer / Winter
(All-day session, £60, 9 Jun)
- KS5 Teach A level Computer Science: A2 Projects with Databases and Python – September to November
(5 sessions, £100, 1 Nov to 29 Nov – register of interest full, please contact Jo Brodie (firstname.lastname@example.org) for waiting list information)
- Diving Deep into Primary Programming – Winter / Spring
(All-day session, £60, tbc)
We have a series of twilight courses which will take place at King’s College London (Waterloo) campus, under the CAS London (King’s College London / Queen Mary University of London) banner on Monday and Wednesday evenings in 2017. Each lasts between five and eight weeks with courses costs from £100 to £200.
PDF flyer for these events with clickable links.
January – March 2017
Teach KS3 Computing
Monday Evenings 5pm to 7pm
23rd January to 20th March (8 sessions)
MA Module in Computing Education
January – March 2017
Computer Science Education: Theory and Practice (30-credit Masters’ module).
Tuesday evenings 5.30pm to 7.30pm
17th January to 28th March.
Focus on research in computer science education and start working towards a Masters’ degree. Includes 6,000 word assignment.
April – July 2017
Teach GCSE Computing
Monday Evenings 5pm to 7:30pm
24th April to 3rd July (10 sessions)
A level computing
Teach A level computing: Algorithms and Data Structures
Five twilights on Wednesdays at King’s College London
Starts Wednesday 1st March ends Wednesday 29nd March 2017 (5.00-7.30pm)
(note that this course was originally advertised in November with a start date in the last week of February and this has been moved back to the first week of March – 4 Jan 2016)
June – July 2017
Teach A level computing: Object Oriented Programming in Python
Five wednesday twilights at King’s College London.
Starts Wednesday 7th June 2017 ends Wednesday 5th July 2017 (5.00-7.30pm).
Teach A level computing: A2 Projects with Databases and Python
Five Wednesday twilights at King’s College London.
Starts Wednesday 1st November 2017 ends Wednesday 29th November 2017 (5.00-7.30pm)