- cryptography algorithms
- frequency analysis
- algorithmic thinking
- computational thinking
- Puzzle Sheet: Code breaking puzzle sheet 1 [PDF]
- Solution Sheet: Solutions to the code breaking puzzle sheet 1 [PDF]
Can you decipher this Christmas word: ZOFLTS ?
The key is to give it a go on your computer when you are bored!
- Puzzle Sheet: Download this as a puzzle sheet [PDF]
- Solution Sheet: Solutions to the Christmas Cryptography puzzle [PDF]
- Perhaps you can crack Herod’s message yourself, If not read on and learn about Caesar Ciphers, and cribs, or just imagine you are the the recipient who knows the key and must just use that key to decrypt it.
- Here is a message to decipher hidden in a description of the Great Fire of London to match the Stuart theme of the cipher. It uses the Bacon Cipher invented by Sir Francis Bacon.
- Decipher the message hidden in the carol ‘Silent Night’ in this Tudor/Stuart based code-cracking puzzle. It uses the Bacon Cipher invented by Sir Francis Bacon.