The Mayor of London’s “London Schools Excellence Fund” (LSEF) network (which funds some of the work that Teaching London Computing does as part of the CAS London network) has an opportunity for aspiring head teachers in London.
This is open to all hopeful head teachers in London, not just those involved in teaching computing so feel free to pass it on to other colleagues.
Getting Ahead London
Take the next step on your leadership journey
If you’d like to step up to headship, but aren’t sure how to get there, then consider applying to the Getting Ahead London Programme.
The Mayor is running a second year of his scheme for senior leaders in London: Getting Ahead London. Delivered by Challenge Partners, a place on this scheme can give you prestigious, bespoke training and support to help you on your journey to becoming a headteacher in the capital.
We know that many London schools are struggling to recruit great leaders. Through a structured, year-long programme of coaching, network building and career advice, Getting Ahead London will give senior leaders the skills and confidence to help them move towards a headship position.
We are particularly keen to ensure that women and BAME senior leaders are well represented among senior leader applicants, to strengthen further the diversity of the successful participant cohort in 2016/17.
The support offered includes:
- Coaching from highly experienced London heads to help participants fulfil their leadership potential
- Help to navigate existing leadership opportunities
- Face to face leadership development and networking events with world-class businesses
- Online tools and resources to support your development
- Support with applying for jobs and preparing for interviews
- Getting Ahead London will run from September 2017 until July 2018.
Getting Ahead London complements existing leadership development programmes and qualifications.
The deadline for applications is 14 June 2017
Interested? Find out more and apply at: https://www.london.gov.uk/gettingaheadlondon