As one of the projects funded by the Mayor of London’s ‘London Schools Excellence Fund’, or LSEF, we receive the regular LSEF bulletins and this caught my eye…
“Calling all London teachers – LSEF Legacy Teacher Innovation Fund launched
Teachers can apply for up to £10,000 to boost their subject knowledge. The aims of the Fund are to:
• Improve teacher subject knowledge and pedagogy
• Improve students attainment and progress
• Make available more resources and tools to use inside and outside of the classroom.
Please share this with your school networks. The deadline for application is 12pm on Monday 16th May 2016. To apply please download an application form here.”
There is money available to support teachers in London develop their own knowledge and share their learning with other teachers. Computer Science is explicitly listed among the subject options, which also includes languages, maths, science and tech.
From the FAQ, teachers / applications must satisfy the following London Teachers Fund Criteria –
- Improve the subject knowledge and pedagogy of teachers
- Improve students attainment and progress
- Make available more resources and tools for teachers to use in the classroom
- You need to be a qualified teacher working in a school or state supported education provision in one of the 33 London Boroughs
Visit the Shine Trust’s website (who are managing the innovation fund for LSEF) for more information and links to application forms and the FAQ etc. Good luck 🙂