The Computing Progression Pathways suggests that at the purple level, on the theme of programming & development, a student should demonstrate that he/she:
- Understands that programming bridges the gap between algorithmic solutions and computers.(Abstraction)
- Has practical experience of a high-level textual language, including using standard libraries when programming. (Abstraction) (Algorithmic Thinking)
- Uses a range of operators and expressions e.g. Boolean, and applies them in the context of program control. (Algorithmic Thinking)
- Selects the appropriate data types. (Abstraction)(Algorithmic Thinking)
The following link to cs4fn articles that illustrate Programming & Development – Purple Level.
- To be a good computer scientist you have to enjoy problem solving. That is what it’s all about: working out the best way to do things.
More of our resources, including linked computing ‘story’ booklets can be found in our resources section. You may also want to look at cs4fn’s teacher resources or browse the latest cs4fn magazine.