The Computing Progression Pathways suggests that at the purple level, on the theme of programming & development, a student should demonstrate that he/she:
- Understands that programming bridges the gap between algorithmic solutions and computers.(Abstraction)
- Has practical experience of a high-level textual language, including using standard libraries when programming. (Abstraction) (Algorithmic Thinking)
- Uses a range of operators and expressions e.g. Boolean, and applies them in the context of program control. (Algorithmic Thinking)
- Selects the appropriate data types. (Abstraction)(Algorithmic Thinking)
The following link to cs4fn articles that illustrate Programming & Development – Purple Level.
- To be a good computer scientist you have to enjoy problem solving. That is what it’s all about: working out the best way to do things.