The Computing Progression Pathways suggests that at the pink level, on the theme of programming & development, a student should demonstrate that he/she:
- Knows that users can develop their own programs, and can
- demonstrate this by creating a simple program in an environment that does not rely on text e.g. programmable robots etc. (Algorithmic Thinking)
- Executes, checks and changes programs.(Algorithmic Thinking)
- Understands that programs execute by following precise instructions. (Algorithmic Thinking)
The following link to cs4fn articles that illustrate Programming & Development – Pink Level.
- Programming is a core activity of computer science.
More of our resources, including linked computing ‘story’ booklets can be found in our resources section. You may also want to look at cs4fn’s teacher resources or browse the latest cs4fn magazine.