The Computing Progression Pathways suggests that at the blue level, on the theme of programming & development, a student should demonstrate that he/she:
- Understands the difference between, and appropriately uses if and if, then and else statements. (Algorithmic Thinking)
- Uses a variable and relational operators within a loop to govern termination. (Abstraction)(Generalisation)
- Designs, writes and debugs modular programs using procedures. (Algorithmic Thinking)(Decomposition) (Abstraction) (Generalisation)
- Knows that a procedure can be used to hide the detail with sub-solution. (Algorithmic Thinking)(Decomposition) (Abstraction) (Generalisation)
The following link to cs4fn articles that illustrate Programming & Development – Blue Level.
- How might you go about designing computer judges?