The Computing Progression Pathways suggests that at the blue level, on the theme of programming & development, a student should demonstrate that he/she:
- Understands the difference between, and appropriately uses if and if, then and else statements. (Algorithmic Thinking)
- Uses a variable and relational operators within a loop to govern termination. (Abstraction)(Generalisation)
- Designs, writes and debugs modular programs using procedures. (Algorithmic Thinking)(Decomposition) (Abstraction) (Generalisation)
- Knows that a procedure can be used to hide the detail with sub-solution. (Algorithmic Thinking)(Decomposition) (Abstraction) (Generalisation)
The following link to cs4fn articles that illustrate Programming & Development – Blue Level.
- How might you go about designing computer judges?
More of our resources, including linked computing ‘story’ booklets can be found in our resources section. You may also want to look at cs4fn’s teacher resources or browse the latest cs4fn magazine.