The Computing Progression Pathways suggests that at the pink level, on the theme of Information Technology, a student should demonstrate that he/she:
- Uses software under the control of the teacher to create, store and edit digital content using appropriate file and folder names. (Abstraction) (Generalisation) (Decomposition)
- Understands that people interact with computers.
- Shares their use of technology in school.
- Knows common uses of information technology beyond the classroom. (Generalisation)
- Talks about their work and makes changes to improve it. (Evaluation)
The following link to cs4fn articles that illustrate Information Technology – Pink Level
- Technology changes society. Whether fire, wheels, guns or skyscrapers, all have made a massive difference to the way we work, live and play. Computer technology is accelerating the change and raising whole new issues society has to tackle.