The Computing Progression Pathways suggests that at the yellow level, on the theme of algorithms, a student should demonstrate that he/she:
- Understands that algorithms are implemented on digital devices as programs. (Algorithmic Thinking)
- Designs simple algorithms using loops, and selection i.e. if statements. (Algorithmic Thinking)
- Uses logical reasoning to predict outcomes. (Algorithmic Thinking)
- Detects and corrects errors i.e. debugging, in algorithms. (Algorithmic Thinking)
The following link to cs4fn articles that illustrate Algorithms – Yellow Level.
- A good magic trick is a combination of method and presentation, in some ways like a computer program