The Computing Progression Pathways suggests that at the orange level, on the theme of algorithms, a student should demonstrate that he/she:
- Designs solutions (algorithms) that use repetition and two-way selection i.e. if, then and else. (Algorithmic Thinking)
- Uses diagrams to express solutions. (Abstraction)
- Uses logical reasoning to predict outputs, showing an awareness of inputs. (Algorithmic Thinking)
The following link to cs4fn articles that illustrate Algorithms – Orange Level.
- A computer can beat the world champion at chess, even fly a plane more skilfully than a human. How do they do it?
It is suggested that:
- Primary teachers focus on the badge statements from the Pink to Purple row.
- Secondary teachers focus on the badge statements from the Purple to Black row.
- The white row overlaps with the KS4 qualification specifications.