The Computing Progression Pathways suggests that at the blue level, on the theme of algorithms, a student should demonstrate that he/she:
- Shows an awareness of tasks best completed by humans or computers. (Evaluation)
- Designs solutions by decomposing a problem and creates a sub-solution for each of these parts. (Decomposition) (Algorithmic Thinking) (Abstraction)
- Recognises that different solutions exist for the same problem. (Algorithmic Thinking) (Abstraction)
The following link to cs4fn articles that illustrate Algorithms – Blue Level.
- A perfect, working mind is locked inside a useless body: the sufferer can sense everything around but is unable to communicate with anyone.
More of our resources, including linked computing ‘story’ booklets can be found in our resources section. You may also want to look at cs4fn’s teacher resources or browse the latest cs4fn magazine.
It is suggested that:
- Primary teachers focus on the badge statements from the Pink to Purple row.
- Secondary teachers focus on the badge statements from the Purple to Black row.
- The white row overlaps with the KS4 qualification specifications.