The Computing Progression Pathways suggests that at the blue level, on the theme of algorithms, a student should demonstrate that he/she:
- Shows an awareness of tasks best completed by humans or computers. (Evaluation)
- Designs solutions by decomposing a problem and creates a sub-solution for each of these parts. (Decomposition) (Algorithmic Thinking) (Abstraction)
- Recognises that different solutions exist for the same problem. (Algorithmic Thinking) (Abstraction)
The following link to cs4fn articles that illustrate Algorithms – Blue Level.
- A perfect, working mind is locked inside a useless body: the sufferer can sense everything around but is unable to communicate with anyone.
It is suggested that:
- Primary teachers focus on the badge statements from the Pink to Purple row.
- Secondary teachers focus on the badge statements from the Purple to Black row.
- The white row overlaps with the KS4 qualification specifications.