Return to main QMUL / Ri Masterclasses in Computer Science landing page.
Every Autumn since 2015 the Computer Science department at Queen Mary University of London has hosted a series of Ri Masterclasses, with the Royal Institution (of Christmas Lectures fame).
- Week 1 – 15 September: Paul Curzon on Artificial Intelligence, in Room CS 3.01, Bancroft Road Teaching Rooms, we were also joined by Ben from the Ri for First Aid support
- Week 2 – 22 September: Peter McOwan on the Magic of Computer Science, in Room CS 3.01, Bancroft Road Teaching Rooms (+Ben from Ri)
- Week 3 – 29 September: William Marsh and Paulo Oliva looking at social networking (with Python, Sqlite and databases) in the Informatics Teaching Laboratory (ITL) (+Ben from Ri)
- Week 4 – 6 October: Gustavo Lau with help from Jameel Kassam, Martin Davtyan and Rene Montero. We were also joined by Holly as First Aid support.
- Week 5 – 13 October: Becky Stewart and Andrea Guidi (Bela platform and PureData) in the G2 Matlab suite (+Ben from Ri)
- Week 6 – 20 October: Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Julian Hough and Christopher Madge on Natural Language Processing, in the ITL (+Ben from Ri)
Page updated by Jo Brodie (admin, email), Paulo Oliva is QMUL’s Ri Masterclasses in Computer Science academic lead.