You demonstrate the Soda constructor – a drawing program with the laws of Physics built in, where you can engineer creatures.
You explain gravity, friction and springs. The class explore how they work by by playing with their effects on a series of creatures and see how computational modelling gives a new way to do science.
- computational modelling
- the laws of physics
- computational thinking
- gravity, friction, springs
This session comes with linked activity sheets and ‘story’ write-ups that you can download:
- Activity: Soda Constructor Physics [PDF]
- Slides: Soda Constructor Physics [PPT]
- Creature to Download: Dainty Walker
- Creature to Download: Monster Truck
- Creature to Download: mmaarrkkuuss
- Creature to Download: inspyre
- Creature to Download: Careful Slug
- Creature to Download: Legs